Friday, October 19, 2012

Beach...just the 4 of us!

We ventured out and did our first family beach trip by ourselves ever!! We didn't realize until we were actually there that we have never gone to the beach in our 7 years of marriage (anniversary is tomorrow!) by just ourselves. Well, we had a great time with each other. It was completely stress free as the beach in October on a Monday is not very busy :) It was surprisingly very warm, but not too hot. Just perfect!! We also visited Paul's grandparents who always make the trip to come and visit us, so we thought it would be a nice change for us to make more of an effort to get down to the beach to visit them....it's a win win for us, we love the beach. However, I did the thing that I always dread I might do...I went out on a family outing with an almost dead battery in my camera. This is what we managed to capture before the battery died. I have never done this our whole marriage, so I guess I'm entitled on one slip up every 7 years :)

Zara's first beach trip!!


She has so much fun just digging in the sand and adding water from her buckets. Would probably keep her entertained for forever!



This was her first time feeling the water...not a fan! This is also when I realized our battery was out. I switched the camera to video only for it to tell me there wasn't enough battery power. Thankfully I was able to quickly switch it back and snap a couple pictures at least of her first beach water experience. The water wasn't even cold either!

Kitana on the other hand loved the water this time and had sooo much fun running away from the waves. She didn't like the water too much at the beginning of summer, but just ran right in this time. I think because it was way warmer, and Joni reminded me that she can swim now so it's less threatening..makes sense :)


1 comment:

  1. What a fun little beach trip!! Your family is adorable :) I still love that purple swim suit. We will have to plan a beach trip with you next year. Kate and Kitana would have SO much fun playing together!

    ReplyDelete