Saturday, July 5, 2014

New 4th of July Family Tradition

For the 4th, we usually go with some friends to a local park to hang out and watch fireworks. It's always a good time, but it's so blazing hot!! We decided to ditch the heat this year and head up to the mountains. I was also dying to get some firework pictures over a body of water. 

We had an amazing time! We got there pretty early in order to find parking. We then took the girls in the wagon and walked about a mile to Paul's favorite burger place and brought it back to eat by the lake. Oh, it was also raining as we were driving up the mountain. The girls played in the dirt and loved their American flags. We waited about 5 or so hours for the fireworks. We kind of just hung out and did nothing. I had fun taking pictures, Paul took a nap and we just really enjoyed it. The girls kind of put their feet in the water, but there were tons of dead fish, yuck!

The fireworks show was so so beautiful and we can't wait to go back and do it again. In the girls mind, the 4th of July is almost comparable to Christmas. That's how much we all enjoyed it :)




We might bring tent next year in case it rains again and to keep out of the sun a bit.

 
Zara kept putting her blanket on her head and saying she was Mary. I love these memories with my kids. 


You can also watch the fireworks on the lake in your boat. Something we may have to consider in the future years. 


Zara was pretty tired by this point and was not willing to take any more pictures.

Getting my camera ready for the fireworks!

The show was spectacular! Every image was coming out amazing. I eventually just put my camera away b/c I captured exactly what I wanted. These are just a few. We would like to be maybe on the other side of the lake next year. But for first timers up there, we did a pretty good job!







No comments:

Post a Comment