I was going to wait until the end of this year to put Zara in her big girl bed. But Paul and I decided that it was time to make the switch. There is just something strange about a potty trained girl sleeping in a crib! She actually is still wearing diapers at night, but I wanted to start working on switching to panties. Zara was just thrilled about having her big girl bed like sister's. She transitioned perfectly! Not even the slightest hesitation. I left the crib in her room for one night just in case she had a hard time sleeping in her toddler bed. But she didn't even ask for it once! I did the same thing with Kitana and some nights or naps she would actually choose her crib until she transitioned completely over. Zara took the leap and never looked back!
It took her a couple of days to realize that she could climb out of the bed herself. Once she figured that out we did have a few problems with her getting into things in her room. I just made sure there was nothing really to get into! That solved it pretty face once she realized the only fun things she had access to were clothes and socks. The first little while she went to bed like a perfect little angel and was actually super excited about going to bed!
She still can't open her door (this is a good thing!) and I am so grateful for that. She can open doors if the swing inward, well her door from the inside swing outwards. She will still call for me in the morning to get her up out of bed. I love it!
*Update* In the beginning of September we decided to take the bed rail off. It's really not meant to be on a toddler bed and we were feeling a little uneasy about it. It only took her a few nights of falling out to get the hang of it. She got it so quickly, we were so impressed! Also, she now has her own green clock like her sisters. She was waking up any time between 6:30-8am. It was driving us crazy! Now she gets up at a consistent 7:30 every day :) I would have sleep trained her to sleep in later, but with Kitana needing to be up around that time anyways b/c of school I figured there was no point. She also caught on to the clock thing within a couple of days. Anything to be like sissy! Such a smart little girl :)






No comments:
Post a Comment