Friday, June 13, 2014

Surprise 30th!!

As mentioned before, Paul and I both turn 30 this year. We decided to treat ourselves to a cruise and do very small celebrations for our actual birthday days. Well, he did not keep his end of the deal. He decided to throw me a surprise party, anyone that knows me know that this not my idea of fun! Thankfully he kept it small with just mostly family. He organized it with my mom, Brooke and his mom. He did a really great job at keeping it a secret from me until the day of. I had told him that I just wanted to spend the evening with him and the girls. I wanted to get dinner and just keep it simple. Well, he kept trying to get me out of the house and said he needed to pick up my birthday present from his parents and that we could just do that on the way. Well, his parents house isn't on the way to anything! So I started asking questions and had a pretty good idea of what was going on. I was actually getting kind of bummed b/c my idea of keeping my birthday evening quiet and simple was starting to sound like it wasn't going to happen. He did end up telling me some of what was going on b/c I was getting frustrated. Overall, it was a really fun time and I'm so grateful to have such amazing families on both sides that love me so much to throw me a surprise party. But I would be okay if it that was that last one :)

Also, Paul took the day off work and watched the girls so I could go to sushi with my mom. We started this tradition last year and I just love it! I really need to remember to take a picture of us next year. I love getting to just sit and talk to her w/o any interruptions. Definitely something I look forward to every year. We always order way too much food though!

 The even decorated for me! So sweet :)


Chris made this sign. I had never heard this saying before and just loved it!



 These girls are what made my birthday celebration complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment