I feel like Paul and I are constantly in awe of this special little girl. She has an amazing understanding of life and is able to comprehend things so well and in her own little way. She's always been special to us, but as she gets older we are realizing that she really is one of a kind :)
I had planned to have a big FHE on testimonies and how a proper one should be done before she bore her testimony for the first time. I am learning quickly that life doesn't always go according to plan!
As we were getting ready for church she asked me when it would be her turn to give a talk at church. I assumed she meant in primary and told her that she was now moving to the older class and that they would probably assign her a talk soon. I told her we wold prepare it together and that the primary presidency would let her know when it was her turn.
Towards the end of fast and testimony meeting today she leaned over and said "can I go up there and give my talk too?" I was about to tell her "no" and that she wasn't old enough yet. But I felt the spirit telling me that she was ready. I told her she had to be reverent and go up there by herself. I also told her to say she was bearing her testimony, to say something she believed in and something she was grateful for. She told me a couple of her ideas of what she wanted to say and I told her those were all great things to say. She then headed up there by herself and sat in the chair patiently for her turn. She got up and said in her sweet little voice, "I want to bear my testimony. I know this Church is true. I am thankful that Jesus died for us so that we could all be here. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Paul and I were once again in awe and very teary eyed. Our special girl is truly amazing, I love that she already has such a clear understanding of the gospel. She is just a great example to her sister.
Also, isn't she the cutest in her new glasses?!

Oh my goodness! I got teary eyed just reading that! What a little sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteYeah, so I'm stalking you Falon ;-) Haha! What a sweet post, those moments with our kiddos are so incredible, and it's wonderful that you've preserved it.
ReplyDelete