Sunday, December 22, 2013

My new favorite Tradition

So I promised myself that once my girls were old enough that I would do more fun things around Christmas time. Like baking and crafts etc. Well, this was the big year that it all started. I put together a full countdown for the entire month for them. I did very do-able things and tried not to overwhelm myself. It was a huge success and Kitana looked forward to seeing what activity was in the countdown every morning. I needed a couple more ideas for my countdown and my mom suggested to have the girls take pictures with their favorite Christmas items. They both had so much fun picking their favorite things. Some of them were things that they weren't allowed to play with, so it was really fun to play with them for the pictures. Also, I'm pretty sure the elf on the shelf isn't supposed to be touched. But we use her a bit differently at our house. She's more of a scavenger hunt. Paul and I hide it somewhere at night for Kitana and then she hides it during the day for Paul to find when he gets home. Anyways, these Christmas pictures are my new favorite tradition. I can't wait to see how they change over the years. Thanks mom for the amazing idea!!

Both girls got so attached to "Rina." They wanted to give her hugs and kisses every morning.

Grammy took Kitana and Devi to their first Nutcracker Ballet. They both had so much fun and Kitana couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. This is the souvenir she came home with :)

Mom's special Sleeping Beauty ornament that she wasn't allowed to touch. She was so excited to get to hold her. 

Can't forget the advent calendars! One of the best things about Christmas. Zara started ripping off and eating the little doors for the photoshoot. Very typical for her :)

As soon as Zara got her hands on that elf she ripped all her clothes off! She also loved that Santa and would carry it around like a stuffed animal. 






No comments:

Post a Comment