Thursday, June 27, 2013

Palm Springs

Paul and I went on a kid-less getaway to Palm Springs. We left the girls with my mom for two days/night. They both did perfectly well and it was the first time leaving Z over night. I did surprising well too! Only cried for a few minutes when I left them. They were taken very well care of and we had a fun little trip. It was just hot! We found a great deal on living social for a two night stay which included tickets to the local art museum (which was amazing!!). We also visited Knotts soak city. It was fun to go on all the big kid slides and not to have to worry about kids. We enjoyed bringing no bags, just literally the shirts on our backs (and shoes!).


 This statue is super cool and is only going to be in Palm Springs until the end of this summer. She came from Chicago. So excited that we got to see her in person. I got some great shots :)

Here is the link to my stock photos: Marilyn Stock Photos

 They have these fun architecture things pretty much on every street corner. So we decided to take a few pictures and take advantage of having no kids with us. It was great!

 The museum allowed no-flash photography. Paul was pretty excited to see some real-life artwork from some of his favorite artists.



 These people looked so life like. It was incredible. I really thought this old couple was real for the longest time until Paul pointed out to me that they weren't. I thought they were just being rude and staring at us!



The one on the left was one of my favorite pieces. And the one on the right is done by one of Paul's favorite sculptors. 


1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome you two were able to go on a little get away without the girls. I bet it felt so weird yet wonderful at the same time. Looks like you had a blast! It was fun to see the art work too!

    ReplyDelete