Kitana got her ears pierced! I didn't want to get them pierced when she was a baby because I had a hard time inflicting pain upon her. I had a hard enough time watching her get shots :( Paul said he could handle it and said he would take her when she was about one. Well, he wused out too. So we just went on with our lives and didn't think much about it. Kitana started getting into stick on earrings and her cousin Livia got her ears pierced about a year or so ago. We didn't push anything on her and the last couple months she's been asking periodically about it. I told Paul that I wanted it to be entirely her decision...I even explained to her that it will hurt a little and that they are literally poking holes in your ear! She was fine with it and starting asking multiple times a day for about a week. We finally decided to schedule a day and take her...she was sooo excited!
In the car on the way...earring-less.
Right before, waiting patiently in the chair.
The lady was marking her ears. She started getting the concerned look. I could tell she was wondering when it was going to hurt. I told her I would warn her right before they did it. (they did both ears at the same time) The lady was shocked that I explained to Kitana what was going on...she said most parents don't tell their kids anything and just let it be a painful surprise...sad :( Kitana and I talked a lot about how it might hurt, she informed me that she was going to be "tough!" I told her it's okay to cry if it hurts a little bit. They asked us not to take any pictures during the process for safety. Paul was sneaky and took a video..it's so sad! She does a little flinch right when they pierce her ears and then says "I didn't even cry!" But right when she is saying the word "cry" she starts to bawl :( It only lasted less then a minute and then she was fine :)
Newly pierced ears...they gave her a sucker to help with the tears...it worked!
"I have earrings like Livia!" This is all I heard from her for the first day or so :)
Also, she picked hello kitty earrings. I was going to try and convince her to get something pretty. But while I was distracted with Zara, Paul told her she could pick whichever ones she wanted. There was no turning back once she saw hello kitty!







What a tough cookie! And so sad about the parents letting it be a painful surprise. Yikes! She looks adorable! And that is really funny about the Hello Kitty!
ReplyDeleteBy the way - blogger has been letting me upload pictures again. If using flicker isn't your first choice you might want to give blogger another whirl :) hopefully it lasts this time!!!