Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zara's Blessing Day

Zara had her baby blessing this past Sunday, July 8th. She did great and didn't cry at all. She loved being bounced and even spat out her binkie! Her binks is pretty much her most favorite thing ever. We had to quickly take it out to snap some pictures of her w/out it. You can see in the pictures below she wasn't too happy, we got some interesting faces from her, but still better than a huge pink plastic thing in her mouth!
We all met up for Hawaiian haystacks afterwards at my mom's house and it was a really nice day. So much less stressful for me this time around that it was for Kitana's. But then again everything was stressful w/ Kitana...something about being a first-time mom I guess :)
 

 Kind of an interesting family picture, but it is literally the only one. So I'll take what I can get!

 The binkie was yanked out right before this picture.


Thought it would be fun to throw in a picture from Kitana's blessing. I love looking back and comparing the two. Sometimes I think they look a bit alike, but looking back at pictures, they really look nothing alike!
 
So in the midst of getting 2 girls ready for church, well 3 including myself, getting to church on time and trying to remember everything. I forgot the special white crocheted blanket that I wanted both girls to use for their blessings. They both wore the same dress, but Zara ended up w/ an elephant blanket :( I'm trying not to think about it because it frustrates me. I guess I should just be happy that I remembered the dress right?!

Zonked out at my mom's house. I forgot her bed and she's not the biggest fan of her car seat, so we had to improvise :)

2 comments:

  1. What a special day for cute little Zara!! She looks adorable in her white dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went so well and that it wasn't as stressful second time around. I'll look forward to that in 2014 :)

    I'm seeing some similarities in our girls! Coral holds her hands like Zara and makes some of the same facial expressions! They're going to be best friends.

    ReplyDelete