Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Monsters!

When I worked at Gymboree I bought this adorable little monster sleeper complete with matching monster and blanket. The plan was to take pictures of all of my kids wearing it as babies. I got the idea from my mom who had us all wear the same dress at 5 years and then a different dress at 10 years. Donovan work a coordinating tie, not the dress! I loved looking at these pictures growing up and was so excited for when it was my turn to take pictures in the dress. So I wanted to do something similar with my kids :) My friend Angela did such a good job taking pictures of Kitana in the monster outfit. For Zara, I decided to venture out on my own and take them myself. My sis-in-law Nannette was nice enough to let me borrow her expensive camera. I literally took hundreds of pictures on two different days and only got like 5 decent pictures. I don't know how photographers do it! It was definitely an experience with they crying, tiredness and yanking the binkie out right in time for the picture. After all is said and done, I'm just grateful that I have pictures of both of my girls around the same age wearing the same outfit :)

Zara                                                                                           Kitana
Zara
Kitana
Definitely think Kitana's turned out better, but I'm not complaining! Just grateful for the memories :)

Side note! I've been counting my calories using the lose it app that Paul introduced me to.  I've lost 4.5 lbs in two weeks and am very happy about it. I plan on continuing it for the month of August and then doing the Insanity workout for the month of September. Just in time for our family pictures the first week of October...wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pic of Zara on the top right with her hand on her face! Too cute! You did a good job!

    Also, good job! Jason uses that lose it app and loses weight so quickly. I used it and didn't do as well and got down about it. Maybe I should try using it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute girls! Great idea to have them wear the same thing. I had to guess who was who before i read on haha. And guess what? I just started insanity THIS week! haha too bad we don't live close, we could get our butts kicked together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a wonderful job as photographer! Both girls are so adorable, but then I am the Grammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you got the monster before you even had kids. So cute!

    ReplyDelete