Friday, April 11, 2014

Impromtu Family Pictures

While I am on the subject of potty training...I had a park trip planned for our first big outing the week after potty training. I needed a stress free environment to test out her new potty training skills before I tried shopping with her or anything. I brought the frog potty and she went before we left, when we got there, and before we left again. She did amazing! It gave me the confidence to take her out and to get our lives back on track. Paul ended up having the day off last minute, so I decided to grab my camera and get a couple of pictures while we were out. I've had this super cute idea for outdoor pictures of the girls together, but Zara does not like Kitana to be anywhere near her in pictures. She always gets mad and pushes her away. It's hard to get a picture capturing sisterly love when the one sister doesn't want to even touch the other one! This was kind of my trial run, I was hoping Zara would have grown out of it a bit and I was wrong :( Maybe I will attempt my idea in a couple of months!

 This is how it started! But will Paul's help and a lot of distraction, I was able to get some really good ones :)

Her glasses glare drives me crazy! I forgot to get the anti-glare coating, I won't be making that mistake again! 

Here are a couple fun things about Kitana: She loves to sing (and has a great voice!), dance, and put on shows for us. She is finally getting into a skirt/dress stage, I've been waiting patiently for this! Her favorite dresses are the ones that spin well. She picks out her own outfit every single day. She only likes comfortable clothing and refuses to wear jeans. Her favorite thing to play is "talk." She still loves to have as many friends as possible in her bed. She's very attached to her pink blankie. She loves milk and pears. She is such a sweet heart and comprehends and remembers almost anything if it's explained well enough. She is so much fun to be around and I love having real life conversations with her.




 Zara refused to take an individual picture with Paul for our last family pictures, so this was make up! 


 Z has the best kissy face <3

Here are a few fun things about Zara: We mostly call her Z for short. Any time you take her clothes off she says, "naked Zar-rah!" Her favorite word it two or too..ie; "two mintues" "i do that too" "I have some more, too." She thinks time outs are a lot of fun. She's obsessed with going through diaper bags & purses. She loves to drink water and gets thirsty a lot. She calls Dora, "door-la." She still loves to be held by mommy, "I hold you!" Breakfast is her favorite meal of the day. She loves monkeys and the wheels on the bus. She loves playing babies and dress up. She pretty much wants to be doing anything her sister is doing. 

Love these two girls more than anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment