Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kitana turns 4!

This was an especially exciting time for me because I was able to take my little girl out and photograph her for the first time around her birthday without paying a photographer! It was so liberating. I tried not to put too much thought into the shoot because I wanted it to be as natural as possible. Overall, I'm happy with how the pictures came out and look forward to this special photoshoot every year. Afterall, my kids were the main reason I got into photography :)

SHE'S FOUR!!!! I can't believe where the time has gone. I am thrilled with the beautiful little person Kitana is becoming. She is so much fun to be around and is just a ball of energy all the time. Here are her favorites:

Food: PB&J, Quesadillas, Mac & Cheese, applesauce, grapes, peas, and panda express. She HATES hamburgers.
Color: Purple. Sometimes light blue or pink.
Animal: I just asked today and she said a Zebra?! That's the first I've heard of that! I would have guessed a penguin.
Characters: Dora and Hello Kitty.
Show: Dinosar Train and Dora the Explorer
Songs: Here take my sweater by Ingrid Michaelson, primary songs, princess songs. She tries very hard to make her voice sound pretty.

She still loves to play "talk." She has at least 20 stuffed animals she sleeps with every night and will know if one is missing. She loves routine. Her favorite blanket is still the pink/white one. She still sucks her tongue and twirls the silk part of her blanket for comfort. She is very self sufficient. She gets dressed herself, puts herself in and out of her carseat (she is even helping her sister w/ hers now!), gets her own milk/water, makes her own sandwich, brushes her teeth, pretty much everything! She's very independent and loves to try new things. She currently is in soccer and is great at it! She loves to sing and dance, and is developing quite a good little voice. She loves primary and family home evening. (FHE, mostly b/c she gets a treat at the end!) She is a wonderful older sister and Zara just adores her. The sharing thing is always a work in progress, but overall, she is really nice to her. She can ride a bike w/ training wheels, pump on a swing, write her name, and almost tell time. She is working on learning to read and how to count money. 

She looks way too grown up here.

 I was trying to get some different emotions out of her. In this picture I told her to laugh...

 Blow me a kiss...

 Smile!

 I told her to dance and this was the move she came up with...so cute :)
 I love how this one just shows her goofy personality.


She was so excited that I let her bring her new hello kitty from Grammy with her as a prop. She had a lot of fun running around and throwing her. 

I wish I could freeze time and keep her this age forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment