Sunday, September 1, 2013

Winters Labor Day Mammoth Tradition

 For Labor Day weekend we went on our second annual trip to Mammoth. Unfortunately the pregnant sisters were unable to join us this year :( We look forward to hopefully everyone making it next year! We rented a condo that we were all able to fit in. It was nice to have us all in one place for visiting at night once the kids were in bed. We split up the meals and all cooked two meals per family unit. It was a great time and sooo beautiful!
The boys started out with some fishing. That water was freezing!

 Kitana loves to fish and was determined to catch a fish. She even went in the freezing cold water with shoes and socks on! I don't think she realized that the boys had taken theirs off. I was proud of myself for having a spare pair of socks and shoes in our car!

We were minding our own business and all of the sudden this bear shows up out of nowhere! In the first picture of him, he is pretty much standing right where Kitana was previously fishing. He walked right across our area and was on the hunt for food. Zara was being a huge grump and was crying her head off in the stroller when he came by. I was so concerned that he would not take kindly to a crying baby, thankfully he didn't seem bothered. I included the second picture of him to show how close he was to Paul and Kitana. Paul grabbed her and moved out of the bears way. He seemed harmless, but we all no what even little bears are capable of!! Such a cool and scary experience. 

 After fishing we went on a hike. It was supposed to be about a mile long. Turns out the whole turn around trip was about 6 miles! We were all pretty beat. And the dad's (Paul and Donovan) had to lug strollers all the way there and back over all sorts of rocky terrain. I was glad to have my insanity training to help w/ indurance!

 Side, frustrating note that still makes me mad!! I was super excited to get all sorts of amazing pictures on this hike and brought all my extra batteries/memory cards on the trip. Well, right as we started the hike my camera battery died and my extras were back at the condo. So not only did I get NO pictures of the hike, but I had to carry my giant camera the whole way there and back while also taking care of kids. Thankfully my mom took lots of cell phone pictures :)




Best part of the trip: going on mountain, morning walks with this little girl. The air there is so crisp and cool. I could have done it every day!


I also managed to get an afternoon walk in with this girl :)

Amazing! I would not be opposed to living in a place like this!!

Donovan's cookie masterpiece! You should have seen the other pan, it was worse! We did crazy snacking at night. I think we all gained weight. 
 

 Brynn's boyfriend, Justin joined us. We all had a great time getting to know him :)





No comments:

Post a Comment