Summer seriously pretty much flashed right by. We enjoyed every second of it though. Kitana slept in every single day and we didn't schedule anything before 10am, it was just perfect! I loved having the three of us girls back together again for our every day routines like grocery shopping. The girls also destroyed the house! It was a whirlwind of a mess all summer, but they had so much fun!
I also want to mention that I did so much better this year sending her off to school. I only cried once on the first day when I reached down to grab her hand and she wasn't there :( It was a bad, ugly face cry, but I was smooth sailing after that! Kitana has been enjoying her new teacher and loves that she still gets to see quite a bit of her old teacher. (They have semi-conjoining rooms) She has about 15 kids from last year in her class and about 10 new ones. She has enjoyed making new friends, but also seeing all the familiar faces. I didn't force any school work over summer and she forgot a couple of letters in her name when she wrote it for the first time when she started back. She was so embarrassed! Also, she always write her entire first, middle, and last name. She has started right where she left off and is doing so good with her reading and writing!


We took these the morning of her first day, so the time was very limited. Zara obviously wasn't too thrilled about it. It was an early morning for all of us!
These two seriously became the best of friends over summer, it was so fun to watch.
Happy to be back at school. She seriously loves school! I literally have to bribe her to stay home every once in a while :)









No comments:
Post a Comment