Sunday, May 31, 2015

First Play - Fancy Nancy - End of School

I took the girls to our first play together the day before Mother's Day. We saw Fancy Nancy and it was so much fun! I think it might be a new mother's day tradition. It was only about an hour long, which was the perfect length for kids. Zara loved it so much and sat in her own chair the entire time. I fully expected her to want to sit with me. It was super kid friendly and easy to follow along. The girls talked about it for a long time afterwards. I did forget to have them dress fancy though :( I'm not sure how I missed that one!!
 
Kitana had her first school play. It was called the three nanny goats gruff. It is the same story as the three billy goats, but with girls goats. She was a butterfly and said the ending narration part. She was so cute and was singing the songs all through the house for the month prior. The kids all wanted pictures with Mrs. Gates on the night of the performance. Zara got right up there and wanted a picture too! Mrs. Gates is total celebrity status to her, it's so funny!!
The last day of school was such a bitter-sweet. So glad to have my little girl back for the summer. But so hard to say goodbye to her amazing teacher and her first year of school. It was pretty emotional, but we made it through. It's amazing how much she's grown and matured this last year. School has been amazing for her and we just love her school. It's been great for me and Zara to have some one on one time as well. Kitana has made so many new friends and is just so confident and smart. She is pretty much reading and can write simple sentences. Her teacher created such a loving learning environment. I will be forever grateful to her for making this first year such a good one. It's been a rough transitional year for us. But we are ready to take on the next year!



First Day and Last Day <3




No comments:

Post a Comment