Easter was pretty low key for us this year. It was exactly what we needed, with it being our last major holiday in our home. I did a little bit of picture overload because I just want to remember every last moment before we move next week. We started the morning with Easter baskets and some candy before breakfast. Paul made a yummy breakfast which included pancakes shaped as tombs. We talked about the Savior and the real meaning of Easter while we ate breakfast and Paul showed the girls pictures from His atonement, crucifixion and then finally his resurrection. I'm always so amazed at how well my girls understand these complex things. Zara even caught on this year and now understands that Easter is more than just eggs and candy. We then had an egg hunt in our backyard with just the four of us. The girls were thrilled to finally be able to wear their beautiful Easter dresses. Zara kept playing dress up in hers and I eventually had to hide it from her. They both picked out their own dresses this year, so they were extra excited about them. We even did a quick 5 min family photo session as a little farewell to our amazing backyard that has served us so amazingly well over the past 8 years. It definitely is one of the things I will miss most.

We went to afternoon church and enjoyed both of my parents talks in
Sacrament meeting and then headed over to Paul's parents house for an
egg hunt with real eggs and a ham dinner. It was such a peaceful day and
filled with a perfect amount of fun and religion ;)

























No comments:
Post a Comment