It feels silly to be posting about last fall when it's now summer. But I am determined to get caught up on my blog! October started out with the girls already wishing it was Christmas. They begged me to get out their new Hello Kitty Christmas decoration and they dressed up and pretended it was Christmas. We may have decorated very early this year :)
Kitana drew this during conference. Her drawing skills are constantly improving. It's such a fun progression to watch.
Zara was begging for glasses like sissy's. I finally found this pair of purple clear glasses. She loves them so much and it's so funny when she wears them out in public. People actually think they are her real glasses! Also, the girls went through this cute phase where they dressed up in their old halloween costumes every day. Zara as a peep and Kitana as a horse.
We went location scouting one Sunday evening as a family. Paul knew of this gorgeous spot and I instantly fell in love with it. Now I just have to convince my clients that it's worth the hike to it. We had some fun family bonding time.
The girls had several halloween celebrations this year. I let them
choose a different costume for each one. This was for the primary
halloween party at church.
The above two were from actual Halloween when we went trick or treating. Oh, lovely cell phone pictures!
Halloween at School.
Story time Halloween for Zara.
The evening church Halloween party. Let's just say that I got really sick of braiding their hair!
I love helping in Kitana's classroom. I often sneak out my phone and catch little moments of her at school. She loves getting to write her name for superstars. If the children are caught doing something good or listening well, the teacher will tell them to write their name under superstars. They get to pick from the prize box at the end of the day.
Botch Luck Dinner
When I was a kid, my parents would host these fun botch luck dinners around halloween time. We were allowed to invite one friend and the items on the menu were things like earwax, finger nails, etc.. It was always fun to order our mystery items, we never knew what we were going to get! Well, this year, my parents decided to do one for the grand kids when Jordyn was in town. It was a ton of fun and they all just loved it!!



It was quite a task to get all of the grandkids in one place for a picture. I thought it was funny to show all the pictures leading up to the final one. 
And this is the end result!! Still not that great, but we were all just happy at this point to have the picture.
So, the pumpkin patch right down the street from us that Paul and I have been going to since the first year of our marriage closed down this year :( We were all so bummed. I loved taking the pictures of the girls every year in the same spots to see how they had grown. We were forced to find a new place and make new memories. Thankfully this private property opens up to the public once a year for halloween time. It's still super close to our house and we loved it!





















No comments:
Post a Comment